Sunday, June 19, 2011

Flights of Fantasy Parade

The Summer Season at Disneyland begins this weekend, the same as it did in 1983.  Back then, a brand "New Fantasyland" had just opened, less than a month earlier, and beginning this weekend the Park was open Summer hours and the entertainment schedule kicked into high gear.  That included the parade.

It was 28 years ago, just as Disneyland was about to celebrate it's own 28th Anniversary, when I stepped off from the Small World gate in the first performance of the Flights of Fantasy Parade. (Despite being biased, it remains one of my Top 5 favorite Disneyland parades ever.)  I have never been a great dancer, so getting cast in a simplistic dance role like a Toy Soldier did not offend me...  ...and because I am tall, I was lucky enough to be in the front row.

Here is kinda what it was like for me back then.
That's me, in the front row!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great memory, Christopher!

    You're lucky you weren't TALLER, and even LESS of a dancer...you would have been stuck inside a broom like me!

    ReplyDelete