Saturday, September 24, 2011

Disney Castle Parks: Hong Kong Disneyland

Finally, (for at least a couple years, anyway), the Hong Kong Resort opened in 2005.  This Castle Park was the smallest built thus far, and as so, needed an appropriate sized castle.  Anaheim's Sleeping Beauty Castle was selected to be duplicated in Hong Kong due to its appropriate scale.

Now, I always felt Tokyo made the wrong choice, by selecting the Florida Castle to duplicate.  However, once I found my beloved Anaheim Castle was being copied elsewhere, I felt betrayed.  Apparently, I actually had been quite happy Tokyo went east-coast all these years, I just didn't know it.

I do like that the HK Castle has a beautiful mountain backdrop behind it.  In my interpretation, I did opt to color the castle turrets in a more fitting Chinese red... not as it is in reality, but how I view it.  Besides, it compliments the pink castle walls.
Hong Kong Disneyland's Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment